Sophie Hobson is the founding editor of LondonlovesBusiness.com. Follow her @sophiehobson and @londonlovesbiz.
Sophie has spent the best part of the last decade interviewing hundreds of entrepreneurs and business leaders, and exploring the mechanisms of business growth. She’s driven by the power business has to create social change, and believes that the future of enterprise depends on sustainability and diversity. She’s fascinated by tech, retail, and the teeming menagerie of wonders that is London.
Sophie has been a commentator on business issues and the London economy for the BBC, Wall Street Journal, LBC Radio and the Londonist, and has written for The Mirror, ITV, South London Press and Travel Weekly.
Before launching LondonlovesBusiness.com, Sophie was one of the founding team of Smarta.com, and helped build it into the UK’s leading small business advice website.
Is Cameron inadvertently equating Emily Thornberry’s tweet to Jimmy Savile’s abuse and Gaddafi’s violence?
Labour MP’s tweet was “completely appalling”, says PM, a phrase he usually reserves for the worst atrocities
You will have by now seen the news that obesity is costing the UK each year more than war, or terror, or smoking.Obese people cost the UK some £47bn a year, in fact, by the McKinsey Global Institute’s reckoning, due to the social and healthcare costs they incur.And research like this is vital, so that the government can allocate resources to take on the nation’s worst health issues, and to try to prevent costs and complications related to long-term health issues by nipping them
Why? What makes us less attractive than Chile and Belgium?
- Branson makes £70m from Virgin Money - but look how measly that is for him
- London house prices see worst drop in four years - despair, rejoice, hold tight?
- Qatar to be cleared of corruption in World Cup 2022 bid
- Yahoo just spent $640m on BrightRoll. This is why…Video
- Fines in the billions for big banks in forex scandal
- China's richest person made billions this morning by celebrating single peopleVideo
- It’s here. Check out the John Lewis Christmas advert 2014Video