Sophie Hobson is the founding editor of LondonlovesBusiness.com. Follow her @sophiehobson and @londonlovesbiz.
Sophie has spent the best part of the last decade interviewing hundreds of entrepreneurs and business leaders, and exploring the mechanisms of business growth. She’s driven by the power business has to create social change, and believes that the future of enterprise depends on sustainability and diversity. She’s fascinated by tech, retail, and the teeming menagerie of wonders that is London.
Sophie has been a commentator on business issues and the London economy for the BBC, Wall Street Journal, LBC Radio and the Londonist, and has written for The Mirror, ITV, South London Press and Travel Weekly.
Before launching LondonlovesBusiness.com, Sophie was one of the founding team of Smarta.com, and helped build it into the UK’s leading small business advice website.
There are 281,000 dollar-millionaires based in London, according to new research – the equivalent of almost one in 30 of the capital’s population (including those who work in London).London has the sixth highest percentage of millionaires in its population (3.39%) of any city in the world, according to a report from Spear’s and Wealth Insights. (Full ranking belo
Now, I’m sure there are few of us who would turn our noses up at making $2.91bn in total revenue in just three months, as Facebook just did in its second quarter of this year (Q2 2014).That $2.61bn is a 61% increase on the same qua
Game-changing ideas for the public & private sectors
- The world’s second-richest person thinks we should work three-day weeks
- MH17 crash: Who and what caused it? Experts’ insights into the crisisVideo
- MH17 crash: Hillary Clinton says it “probably had to be” Russian insurgentsVideo
- Murdoch’s big bid: The numbers you need to know
- “You’re fired! But here’s a knighthood” – Cameron accused of abusing honours system
- London’s Funding Circle raises $65m – and it’s only 4 years old
- SECURING BRITAIN: RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS - Sustainability, Standards & Supply Chain