Sophie Hobson is the founding editor of LondonlovesBusiness.com. Follow her @sophiehobson and @londonlovesbiz.
Sophie has spent the best part of the last decade interviewing hundreds of entrepreneurs and business leaders, and exploring the mechanisms of business growth. She’s driven by the power business has to create social change, and believes that the future of enterprise depends on sustainability and diversity. She’s fascinated by tech, retail, and the teeming menagerie of wonders that is London.
Sophie has been a commentator on business issues and the London economy for the BBC, Wall Street Journal, LBC Radio and the Londonist, and has written for The Mirror, ITV, South London Press and Travel Weekly.
Before launching LondonlovesBusiness.com, Sophie was one of the founding team of Smarta.com, which she helped build to become the UK’s leading small business advice website.
Both Apple and Facebook have just announced their results for the first three months of 2014.So how do they compare?Apple’s revenue in the three months to 29 March was $45.6bn.Facebook’s
There are those who think that living in the big smoke will save them from the burden of the torturously slow broadband that much the UK’s rural community has to deal with.And then there are those who know better.As it turns out, there are a couple of roads in and around London whose residents have to battle on with the slowest broadband speeds in the UK.And in the heart of high-end Hampstead we find the 17th slowest broadband speed in the UK: on Grange Gardens
Apple has announced profits of $10.2bn in the three months to 29 March 2014 (the company’s fiscal Q2), on some $45.6bn of revenue.(That compares with the $2.5bn revenue for Q1 that Facebook has just announced.)During that period, it sold a whopping
- These numbers from Facebook’s Q1 results are mind-blowing
- These are the five fastest-growing tech companies in the UK
- Google loses $22bn in value on 6% share drop. What's the market so worried about?
- Sweet success: Divine Chocolate's Sophi Tranchell MBE on building a successful social enterprise
- Sophie Hobson: The most shocking thing about Google reading our emails is that we’re not more shocked
- Forget the horses - it's the food that makes a day at Ascot unforgettable
- More people are going online to buy legal and illegal drugs – and the UK is leading the trend