Sophie Hobson is the founding editor of LondonlovesBusiness.com. Follow her @sophiehobson and @londonlovesbiz.
Sophie has spent the best part of the last decade interviewing hundreds of entrepreneurs and business leaders, and exploring the mechanisms of business growth. She’s driven by the power business has to create social change, and believes that the future of enterprise depends on sustainability and diversity. She’s fascinated by tech, retail, and the teeming menagerie of wonders that is London.
Sophie has been a commentator on business issues and the London economy for the BBC, Wall Street Journal, LBC Radio and the Londonist, and has written for The Mirror, ITV, South London Press and Travel Weekly.
Before launching LondonlovesBusiness.com, Sophie was one of the founding team of Smarta.com, and helped build it into the UK’s leading small business advice website.
The second in our series from the 1000 Londoners project
Confidence is picking up - will you capitalise on it?
The first in our series from the 1000 Londoners project
- This is Uber’s next big move - should supermarkets and Amazon worry?
- Julian Assange reveals he’ll leave Ecuadorian Embassy in London “soon”
- This man earns 1,500x more than his workers – should you care?
- Scandal of the tech darlings: $18bn Uber and $700m Lyft get dirty
- Yet another survey suggests London house prices are cooling
- Stunning photos of last night's supermoon from around the world
- Fine wine? Wine fine! Fraudster to pay nearly $50m for selling fake wines