Sophie Hobson is the founding editor of LondonlovesBusiness.com. Follow her @sophiehobson and @londonlovesbiz.
Sophie has spent the best part of the last decade interviewing hundreds of entrepreneurs and business leaders, and exploring the mechanisms of business growth. She’s driven by the power business has to create social change, and believes that the future of enterprise depends on sustainability and diversity. She’s fascinated by tech, responsible business issues, and the teeming menagerie of wonders that is London.
Sophie has been a commentator on business issues and the London economy for the BBC, Sky News, Wall Street Journal, LBC Radio and the Londonist, and has written for The Mirror, ITV, South London Press and Travel Weekly.
Before launching LondonlovesBusiness.com, Sophie was one of the founding team of Smarta.com, and helped build it into the UK’s leading small business advice website.
As a £15m injection to boost development further is announced, we look at the area that Google, Warner Brothers and Mitsubishi call home
Also - what is the Bank of England base rate, and why should you care?
They’re super-quick tips, too
- It's official: These are London's 9 best gastropubs
- Check out the latest election poll results. It’s unbelievably close
- These are the most and least happy jobs in the UK
- Five-year-old TransferWise becomes London’s latest $1bn tech biz
- Q&A: Ally Stevenson, Clean Heels, who just won Dragons' Den investment
- Could we see seven political parties in the TV debates? Or eight? Or even 12?
- It raised $1.2bn a month ago. Now Uber’s raised ANOTHER $1.6bn