Sophie Hobson is the founding editor of LondonlovesBusiness.com. Follow her @sophiehobson and @londonlovesbiz.
Sophie has spent the best part of the last decade interviewing hundreds of entrepreneurs and business leaders, and exploring the mechanisms of business growth. She’s driven by the power business has to create social change, and believes that the future of enterprise depends on sustainability and diversity. She’s fascinated by tech, retail, and the teeming menagerie of wonders that is London.
Sophie has been a commentator on business issues and the London economy for the BBC, Wall Street Journal, LBC Radio and the Londonist, and has written for The Mirror, ITV, South London Press and Travel Weekly.
Before launching LondonlovesBusiness.com, Sophie was one of the founding team of Smarta.com, and helped build it into the UK’s leading small business advice website.
The entrepreneurs and execs who made our London Loves Excellence Awards shortlists share all
It’s going to be one of London’s largest roof gardens – a space more than 350 metres long full of interlacing garden walkways, mini forests of birch trees and free-standing hammocks. There’s even a fitness deck.This, ladies and gentlemen, will be the new rooftop garden atop of Battersea Power Station.The garden will give residents – and, on occasion, us mere members of the public – the chance to enjoy 360-degree views of London, punctuated with the building’s four chimneys and,
Waterstones is nailing it on the social media, PR and customer services fronts
- How much EU immigration is there, really? How is it affecting UK population growth?Video
- Easy at the top: CEOs undergoing fewer interviews than graduates for jobs
- This chart shows the staggering growth of FTSE100 CEO earnings since 2000
- The government is selling its Eurostar stake to raise up to £300m
- Let's close the gender pay gap. Women, this is how to ask for a pay riseVideo
- This is how many billions the world's most valuable brands are worth
- China is now the world’s largest economy, overtaking the USVideo