Shruti Tripathi Chopra
Shruti Tripathi is the deputy editor of LondonlovesBusiness.com. She loves interviewing famous entrepreneurs and filming everything London. Hates slow internet, cropping photos and cooking in that order. Rarely seen without a Diet Coke, she’s fond of dogs, rain and Bollywood dancing. Tweet her @shrutitripathi6
- 0203 3941850
Admit it Londoners, you’re pretty smug about how the pricetag of your property is a national obsession.But Cantabrigians, the residents of Cambridge, just stole your thunder.Cambridge’s property prices have grown faster than London since the financial crisis, according to property analyst Hometrack.Average property price is Cambridge currently stands at £348,300 - 32.5% higher than its 2007 peak.In London, property prices rose 29% since their 2007 peak of £398,700
Facebook’s UK corporation tax bill last year? Zero, zip, zilch, nada, compared to its net profit of $1.5bn last year.According to filings with Companies House, Facebook UK incurred a corporation tax charge of just £3,169.The world’s largest social network saw UK revenues rise from £34.6m to £49.8m. However, it reported a pre-tax loss of £11.6m in the UK last year.To be fair, Facebook isn’t doing anything illegal. It is able to avoid UK corporation tax by funnelling its UK
They say the bigger they are, the harder they fall - this rings true for Britain’s biggest supermarket Tesco today.Tesco chairman Sir Richard Broadbent is set to quit after the retailer confirmed that profits in the first half of the year were overstated by £263m. The profit overstatement was previously estimated to be
- E-cigarettes were banned from London buses, trains & Tubes in August. Why didn't TfL let you know?
- Apple sold 169.2 million iPhones in 2014 - this graph shows the stonking rise of iPhone sales
- Why has Waterstones invited guests for a sleepover?
- Hurricane Gonzalo causes severe travel disruption as Heathrow cancels 10% of flights
- Mark Zuckerberg just donated $25m to fight ebola – here are the world's most charitable tech CEOs
- Which tech giant is Google's biggest search rival? (Hint: It's not Bing or Yahoo)
- The five funniest and most bonkers crowdfunding campaignsVideo